Frequently asked questions about EnerTwin
- What does the EnerTwin cost?
The EnerTwin consumer price differs per country due to local regulations and taxes. Investment is generally lower than of a heat pump, while the electricity produced and its very low maintenance cost make the EnerTwin a much more economical product. You can check local installers on this page and get in touch with one in your country.
- Where and how can I buy an EnerTwin?
The EnerTwin has been on the market since January 2018 and is available in most European countries. You can buy it either from certified installers or from your energy company. In the latter case, the energy company will appoint certified contractors.
- Is EnerTwin available outside Europe?
Not at present, due to grid regulations. MTT is currently working to make EnerTwin available on the North American market.
Leave your contacts below to receive more information.
- Can I install the EnerTwin on my own?
No, you will need one of our certified installers. If you are an installer, you can contact us and arrange a training.
- What do I need apart from the EnerTwin itself, to make the system work?
The EnerTwin is a plug&play system that will replace any existing heating system without major adaptions. MTT advises to install a 1m3 buffer to enhance stability of the system as well as its efficiency. Connection to the grid is like the one of PV-installations (solar panels).
- How often does the EnerTwin need maintenance?
Scheduled maintenance is every 7500 operating hours or every two years, whichever comes first.
- What does the maintenance of the EnerTwin cost?
Expect 700-950 Euro per year based on a use of approximately 5.000 run-hours/year. This will include labour and spare parts on both preventive and corrective maintenance. Labour rates will depend on country.
- How is the warranty, support and maintenance provided?
EnerTwin is delivered with a standard 2-years warranty. Your certified installers will provide you with a warranty and maintenance services. They are trained and fully supported by the EnerTwin service department.
- Are there any additional costs, apart from the EnerTwin and installation?
No, expect 6-8 manhours and some connection materials for installation in a standard situation. Please contact your dealer for a quote.
- The EnerTwin is based on a micro-turbine. How reliable is this technology?
(Micro) Turbines are widely used in many industries like aerospace. It is a proven technology. Turbines are more reliable than traditional engines. The EnerTwin is mainly manifactured with off-the-shelve components, among which components from the German car industry and standard components used in the heating and installation industry. MTT is the first company in the world that successfully developed this size of turbine for domestic use.
The EnerTwin has been CE certified by KIWA for safety and complies to all European safety regulations.
- Can I see an operational EnerTwin in action somewhere?
Please contact MTT or your local installer or distributor for possibilities. You can leave your name and e-mail address below to find a dealer.
- Will the EnerTwin work on another grid than the standard European (230V/50Hz)?
At present No: There is a version available at 60Hz which however still lacks certification for application in most countries.
- Does the EnerTwin work off-grid?
As a stand-alone set-up, the EnerTwin needs a grid to start up. A combination with a UPS or an inverted system (PV, etc.) that generates a virtual grid will work smoothly.
- Can the EnerTwin produce cold instead of heat?
No. The EnerTwin can be combined with a cooling device such as an absorption chiller to convert the heat output into cooling output.
- Does the EnerTwin operate on hydrogen(-mixes)?
Yes, the existing type is now certified for 23% hydrogen mix. Models suitable for higher proportions of hydrogen will be released in the coming years.
- Does the EnerTwin operate on LPG, purified biogas or biomethane?
Yes, the EnerTwin runs on those types of fuel provided they are fed to the system in a decent quality.
Leave your name and e-mail address below along with what you are looking for in the message box.